Thursday, March 4, 2010

My Card Game Idea

I never got a chance in class to express my card game idea. One of my favorite games that we usually will play at family get togethers is Taboo! For those who do not know the rules of the game or how it is played go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taboo_(game). I was thinking that you could play with a deck of cards much similar. For example, if you had a 2 of Clubs in your hand. You would be trying to make your partner say the card that you are holding without he or she seeing your card. However, you would have to explain what card you had in your hand without saying 2 of Clubs, Clover, Black, etc. This would make the game more challenging! My idea would be a relationship builder game. My idea would be for example married couples to work on communication, maybe a marriage counceling thing. The idea is to communicate with your partner.

As for a mediated experience I would say that we could design an application that would help improve marriages. As you know most marriages die out in the first year or at least people do not stay married like they once did. I think this might help re-kindle a relationship. I also see it as an on-line dating thing. I have even thought about making the way we search for jobs more fun! What about making a profile much like you would do if you were dating. Then employers or companies could also make a profile, much like your facebook fan pages and the two could unite. Basically instead of matching two people together to form a relationship. You would be matching an individual with a company to form a work relationship. A lot of people have the skills, but not really sure how to network. Companies maybe looking for someone in particular, but they are not sure how to find these people. I also see it as a way to connect people in the housing market. How about doing the same idea with connecting an individual or family with a home. Both finding a job and finding a home can be time consuming and a pain. Why not make it fun? Just something I am thinking about right now. Like Taboo is fun! So why not make job hunting or finding a home fun?

No comments:

Post a Comment