Monday, March 8, 2010

Multimedia Fusion 2.0 / Vex Robotics



OMG!!!! Kids are making their own video games now! Why buy the games, when you can create them yourself? This puts a whole new perspective on things! Back in my day I was just happy with Mario Brothers. This is super cool! Check it out!!!


http://www.clickteam.com/eng/mmf2.php






OMG!!!!! Kids are making their own machines now!!! Why buy the remote control car when you can create one yourself? You can create your own Wall-E Even!!!




Hello Class! I need your thoughts! I am excited! I have an opportunity to maybe be a teacher for the University of Michigan. I will be teaching summer courses there from June - August 2010. It will be a Summer Day Camp Program in which I teach Elementary and Middle School Students basic New Media principles. Lessons will be done for you. All I have to do is learn them, then teach them. I have never lived outside of Indiana or never really had the college experience away from home. So this will be a new experience for me if I get the position! I feel like it would be a perfect opportunity for me. Perhaps this is my calling to get my foot in the door! You never know right? You know it is all about networking! My boss from my weekend job told me about it. I went through my first interview and it was a success! Now I will be going through a 2nd interview!


In addition to teaching web stuff and flash animation they want me to teach something called Multimedia Fusion 2.0 and Vex Robotics. Does anyone know anything about this? All I know is from what I have researched from Google. My topic could also translate into some "Mediated Experience" disscussions. What is Vex Robotics? What is Multimedia Fusion 2.0? From the videos I can't believe that kids are doing this! It should be simple for us adults right? It looks very complex, but at the same time maybe once I get the hang of it, it will be easy! Vex Robotics looks very cool! Looks like they have some competions in schools. Looks like that these kids are putting parts together and making a robot out of them. Very Cool! They just might be the next inventors of space technology or the colonization of Mars. You know I wrote about a guy who invented an alternative power source. He use to work for NASA. He used his invention, originally for Mars, and applied it to what we need here on Earth. I am not sure if people even knew we needed this. It reminds me of the cell phone. People didn't realize they needed it until they started using it. More and more as I walk past people now I have such a new perspective on life and technology. The cross between people and technology is a blur for me now! I think this is what Steve has been trying to tell us. It is all starting to make sense to me now! I see people constantly on their mobile devices. Technology is constantly changing! If someone could fill me in on this Multimedia Fusion 2.0 and Vex Robotics I would appreciate it. I think from researching it I have some idea of now what they are. This is too cool! Very Awsome! What do you think of my discovery? Any Comments would be most appreciated.

2 comments:

  1. Rick, this is an amazing opportunity that will expose you to so much!! Congratulations! These robotics "competitions" have popped up all over the nation as a way to get kids to problem solve in a technology-based setting. It's cool stuff. I believe I saw a documentary on the subject about ten years back, but am not sure who created it. 60-minutes and 20/20 do some features for events like these. Might want to try to find some of these videos in their archives.
    -Kellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kellie! I really appreciate the comment. Yeah I think this will be an amazing experience for me. Right now I am focused on graduating and finishing up my internship with The Church Federation. Then this summer I think it will be really great teaching some of this stuff to kids. I have already looked at some of the videos on Youtube. I will probably look up more later. I think it will give me the teaching experience I need to have a well rounded resume. Then who knows what after this?

    ReplyDelete