Thursday, March 4, 2010

Green Sky Media - 03/01/10

March 1, 2010 - 10am, Company: Green Sky Media ( http://www.greenskymedia.com/ ), Presentation - Small company, Up to 15 students, Target: Video Production & Photography

On my birthday (March 1st) I decided to go job hunting! LOL ha ha Actually there was yet another student tour from IUPUI going to Green Sky Media. So I thought to myself why not go? My career advisor always tells us the best way to find a job is through networking. Sometimes just going on these student tours, job shadowing, or getting your foot in the door is key. It is all about developing relationships with people. People in your field. Perhaps you might not get the job, but perhaps they might know someone that might lead into a different job.

We went to Green Sky Media today! It was awsome! There website is http://www.greenskymedia.com/. They have some pretty interesting things. You should check it out! I was impressed! They not only do photography such as weddings, graduations, senior photos, etc. They also develop advertisements. One of the ones that cracked me up was a stop animation of limes with swords against salt pepper shakers. It was really cute! I always loved stop animation. I loved some of the Holiday Classic TV Specials growing up as a kid like Rudolph. I am hoping to maybe get a job there. If not, maybe some freelance work. If nothing else I really had a great time meeting the folks that work there. They are based in Carmel, IN.

No comments:

Post a Comment