Thursday, January 28, 2010

iPad








To be honest with you I had never heard of an ipad before until it was mentioned in class. I had to Google it. After reading some reviews on it and also Youtubing it, I have come to my own conclusions about it. I will admit it might be difficult to voice an opinion about an ipad until you have actually tried the product. However just from what I am reading and after seeing some of the videos on it I have came to the conclusion that I wouldn’t buy it. This is just me. I am not really impressed with it. Here is a question for you. Why not come up with a device that does everything? Why not have a device in which you can read e-books, create things in computer software, create presentations with it, have apps, watch TV, call someone on the phone, have a camera built in, etc.? For me personally it would be nice to have a device where I can virtually go anywhere and I have all the luxuries I would if I were at home. Why not create a device in which would be my internet source for looking up information as well as a phone, my TV, Lap Top Computer, Computer Software, Camera, etc. This way I could virtually go anywhere and have all the resources I need without having to go to each individual device. Better yet why not create a device that you will not lose? What I mean is everything could be built into your body somehow. So then no matter where I go I could always call someone, have a camera handy if I wanted to take pictures, have my computer software handy to create things such as presentations or what have you and I could also watch a movie virtually anywhere. It would sure save gas and time wouldn’t it? So I guess what I am saying is I am not really impressed with the ipad or really even the Kindle DX. They look like to me just extensions off of what we already got now. Why not have an everything device? This way all you need is the one device. If I want to make a home video or take a picture it is the same device. If I want to create a power point presentation for work it is the same device. If I want to watch TV it is the same device. If I want to call someone it is the same device. If I want to listen to some music it is the same device. Get the Picture! I have been saying this all along. We need to wake up and create a device that virtually will do just about anything. It is sort of like having a universal remote for your TV. With all the remotes out there working different things like your Blu Ray Player Vs. The Stereo Vs. Your Play Station or what have you a person can virtually go nuts over trying to figure out which remote goes to which device. My invention of an everything device is like a universal remote. This makes sense to me. What does everyone else think?

I have been asking my friends outside of class what they think about the iPad and this is what they are saying. One of my friends told me she would probably break the iPad because she is so clumsy. She goes through about 3 cell phones a year. My thought was and I asked her this; “Would you buy a cell phone that it would not matter what you did to it, it would still work?” Meaning if you dropped it a whole bunch of times on the floor and/or dropped it into a toilet by say your toddler and it would still work; “Would you then buy this device?” The answer was yes! I am loving this!

2 comments:

  1. i have to agree with you about the I-pad. I do not think is worth it. However, i do have to agree with an article published in Neewsweek.

    It basically says that al the dissapointment that we may have when a new device comes out, is because consumer expects always more. Techonology has become to us a mystery and wonder, and we all believe in it. We want it to do more than it does.

    All the hype was created by the consumer and media knows it and manipulates the consumer. Sadly, we bought it and we will keep muying it.

    The new i-pad is just a new computer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Point Marcelo! I think I would rather invest my money in a new lap top. Why? Because I feel like it does more and suits my needs for web/graphic design. I can view e-books on a regular computer. Why pay for something that seems to do about the same things as a computer?

    ReplyDelete