Thursday, January 14, 2010

Explanation of Myself

Rick J. Morris
N503 - Spring 2010
Explanation of Myself
January 14, 2010

My name is Rick J. Morris. I am a dot com. You can check out some of my work on-line at rickjmorris.com. I go to Our Lady of the Greenwood Catholic Church. I am currently an intern at The Church Federation of Greater Indianapolis as their Webmaster. I have produced such projects as their annual report (e-Book Format), photo archiving, DVD Flash App, and updating their website at indyfaith.org. I have found myself teaching co-workers computer software applications and website editing. I have placed many of their videos on YouTube and have already gotten a tremendous response from it. I have recently been involved in their advertising and marketing strategies. I am looking at this as maybe a possible career goal in the future. I had a huge role in the development process of launching their website. I helped organize and spoke at the launch of IndyFaith.org. There is where I got to meet Tina Cosby from Channel 8 News. This internship has provided me with the work experience I needed and has produced a foundation for future employment opportunities.

In these hard times I have found myself working more than one job. I work part time on the weekends passing out samples at Meijer. My family and I have an eBay store. The items we sell are geared towards mostly women and children. We sell a variety of things such as DVDs, books, dolls, bath & body, toys and more! We offer many great deals to our customers. Check us out on the web at ibdollclubstore.com.

I am a graduate student working towards a Masters Degree in New Media. N503 is my last class that I need to graduate. I will be graduating on Mother's Day of this year. From there I hope to teach at the Community College Level and/or perhaps find something in the New Media or Multimedia area.

When I was 2 years old I drew a line and two circles and called it a car. My Aunt Karen said I was going to be an artist and she was right. I am an artist. Art and being creative has always been my strong point and my God given talent. I would like to turn that talent into a career.

I am both an Indiana and Purdue Alumni. My high school art teacher is the one who inspired me to go to Herron School of Art. I graduated with a Bachelors Degree in General Fine Arts in 2002. I had always known I wanted to do something in the art field, but was not exactly sure what direction I should go. At one time I had thought about becoming an Art teacher. As an elective I had the choice between Food and Nutrition and Website Design. I chose Website Design as I thought it would be more interesting. It was not only interesting it changed my whole outlook career wise. My teacher was impressed with my work. She said that not too many people have the ability to be creative and can understand some of the logic behind coding. Although I will say my strong point is being creative. She is the one who told me about the Certificate Program at the School of Computer Science. In May of 2004 I earned a Certification in Computer Science. I earned a second Bachelors Degree in New Media in December of 2005. At this stage of my life I am ready to graduate and get started with my life. I am looking at this class as an opportunity to strengthen my skills and accomplish my future career goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment