Monday, April 12, 2010

Rick's 8 Step Month Long Question Outline Model

I truthfully feel that a month long question is not about answering it in one month. It is about making a discovery or observation and asking a question in the area that you feel most passionate about. That question leads into other questions and so on. I have come up with an outline that I plan to use when asking all of my month long questions. I intend to follow that structure as that is something that works for me. As Steve told us in class what works for one person, may not work for another. Steve is also right we are not in undergrad anymore. We are graduate students. We should set our own rules here. This is what I plan to do.

Rick's 8 Step Month Long Question Outline Model

I. Observation or Discovery is made
II. A Question(s) is asked based on that Observation or Discovery
III. How does this question(s) validate as being a "Month Long Question"?
IV. Where has this Observation or Discovery been?
V. Where is this Observation or Discovery at present day?
VI. Where do you see this Observation or Discovery moving towards?
VII. What are your opinions about the subject matter?
VIII. Can you back up any of your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment